Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Fall Break Bike Ride

As my children get older our school breaks look very different.  I still don't know if I am ok with it.  But it is what it is and I try to embrace each stage of life.  My kids pretty much run their own schedule and rarely do I get all 6 home at the same time.  But typically I can ask for 1 day for us to do 1 whole family thing each break.  For Fall break we took a bike ride to fish at Flyn B Park.  



Madison was in a bad mood.  I can't remember why.  Oh ya, I remember.  I yelled at her.  Not one of my best moments.  But I was so flustered and frustrated.  It is a long story.  But I guess I will give it.

We actually didn't live at our house during fall break.  Our house was being painted and we needed somewhere to stay and the Neyenhuis' were in Hawaii, so they let us stay their house.  I rode my bike home to get the fishing poles and then the kids were supposed to meet me at Red Stone Park on their bikes so we could all ride to the pond together.  We were trying to get to the park and back before the babies naps and also before I had to go pick my mom up from the airport.  I asked Madison to pack the lunches and water bottles in her back pack.  Well, when we got to the park we realized she forgot to do that.  I flipped out.  I mean really flipped out.  We had Brock ride back and get them.  It set us back probably 20 minutes.  I shouldn't have gotten as upset as I did.  But I also felt like she didn't seem to really care that she forgot them, which was actually more frustrating than the forgetting.








I made some attempts to take a Christmas card photo.  It didn't work.  But they are pretty cute.



These 2 are so cute.  I love them so much! 









 

No comments: