A few fun things for fall break. The boys went to a mulit stake barn dance. They also went to a haunted forest together.
The babies and I went on almost nightly bike rides to look at people's Halloween decorations. Everything was "super scary" according to Eve.
Our temple was closed from September to November so over Fall Break I drove the kids up to Fort Collins (about 2 hours) to go to that temple. It was a fun little day trip. On the way home we listened to the church news podcast about for the new For the Strength of Youth guidebook. So that was awesome.
It snowed and we shoveled.
And built a snow pumpkin.
Megan got into building really high towers. She did this while we stayed at the Neyenhuis' as well.
This is the one at Neyenhuis'. As I mentioned we stayed there for a lot of Fall break. I ended up spending my whole time deep deep cleaning her kitchen. Because of the remodel the babies hadn't had any toys around for a few weeks. So when we got there and there were so many toys they just played all day. It was amazing. I sat in her living room and read my scriptures and conference talks that whole first day. Then the second day I sat down to do it again and I felt a prompting "be a doer, not just a hearer of the word". I decided a better use of my time would be to clean her house. I kind of got carried away and cleaned it way better than I had cleaned anything in my life. But it was actually really fun.
Jason and Noah went and worked the concession stands for the football game one night.
We dropped the older kids off at Main Event to have some bonding time. They played laser tag, bowling, and did the ropes course.
No comments:
Post a Comment