Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Joy school

In October the babies started joy school.  None of my other kids ever did anything during the days without me.  Technically the girls went to preschool - but it was my preschool.  But it didn't take long for me to realize that these two were growing up very differently than the other 4.  They don't have cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles around.  They don't understand that other adults have authority or how to behave in situations like that.  They aren't ever off their routine or have to adjust to different environments.  They are always in their comfort zone.  They aren't babysat by different people because they have their older siblings.  Because of Covid they haven't been allowed to go to doctor appointments or other things like that so they never have had to learn to wait or be patient in a different environment or tolerate situations that weren't about them.  And because covid and also being numbers 5 and 6 they really don't have any "friends".  I have done everything I can to find them regular friends, but it just isn't what it was for my other kids.  Anyways I could tell they were really lacking in some social skills.  There are only 3 other kids (Kai, Marshall, and Lucy), but I am hoping it will help a little bit.

The first month was at our house.  It worked out perfect because part of our remodel was finished, but not all, so I hadn't put in furniture so I just had a giant big room, so I did what I would naturally do... I set up my old preschool.  It was so fun and reminded me how much I love preschool.  It also filled my bucket and I realized that while I do love it, I really don't want  to do it again (something I had considered).

We are doing it once a week, so each week I would change up my centers.  























I also got to do Halloween, which was fun










Starting in November the babies have been going to other people's houses and it has been wonderful - for all of us.  It is actually hard to get Dane to go.  He throws a huge tantrum every morning and insists he isn't going.  I have used every parenting tool I know to try and avoid this tantrum and get him into a routine.  But so far I have been unsuccessful.  However, everyday he happily goes once we are there and has a great time.  So I don't know.  But they love joy school and i go run errands for 2 hours.  It is pretty great!
Pretty windy day for  their first day at preschool (not our house).






 

No comments: