Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Utah: Temple Trip

I got appointments for baptisms at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  This temple holds a very sacred place in my heart.  It is where I had one of my most (and first) temple spiritual experiences.  I won't share in detail, but I want to record a bit.  Madison was young - just a few months, and I hadn't been to the temple in a while.  But I was nursing, had the other 3 kids under age 4, and Jason was working graveyards, so it seemed unlikely.  One day I was yearning to go.  The last session was at 8 (bedtime) but they accepted initatories until 9:30.  It was an evening that Jason had off, I was done nursing and put Maddie down and, immediately the thought came "go to the temple now".  I looked at the clock and it was 9.  Surly I was tired and just wanted to go to bed, but I honestly felt a pull, like the temple was pulling me.  I threw on a dress and told Jason I was going to the temple.  It was dark.  I remember so vividly seeing the lights in the distance.  They felt like magnets.  I was overcome with gratitude.  As I pulled onto the grounds I remember feeling so overwhelmed at the idea that there was a place on earth that I could go to feel close to Him.  To feel at peace.  In a world fraught with contention, worry, grief, He made a place, a temple, His home, that he allowed me to go and feel close to Him.  I was overwhelmed and humbled by the prospect, that He would allow me to come.  I went in.  I actually don't remember much of the initiatory, but I remember noticing little details, the beauty of the wood work, the softness of the fabrics, and thinking, "I am in my God's temple, I am His daughter, and He has given me the privilege of being in the beautiful palace to perform these ordinances to prepare me to come back to Him.  Every movement, every word, every object felt holy.  When I was done I wasn't done.  I wanted to stay.  As I went back to the locker room and I passed the brides room.  The thought came to me "go in and pray".  I didn't even know if that was allowed.  But it was 10:30 and no one was around, so I went in and prayed.  There, in that room, at that moment I felt closer to my Savior than I ever had.  He had a message for me.  He had called me to His house and had prepared me because He had something to tell me.  I am so glad I listened and went.  I have since felt called to the temple on certain occasions.  I hadn't been back to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple at night since that day, I was grateful to be back and to feel some of those feelings again.  

Anyways... when I started this post I had no intention of writing any of that.  

I love going and taking my neices and nephews with us.  We also had grandpa come with us this time!

Brock actually met a girl IN the temple baptistry.  Her name is Natalie.  It is note worthy because almost 3 months later they are still texting every single day.  So funny.  We went and got ice cream after.

 

No comments: