Jason has needed a new car for a few years. I was hoping it would make it a few more years so the boys could drive it, but it didn't. Jason found a car in Utah he wanted to buy and decided to take Madison with him on a little trip (our niece, Caroline was also getting baptized that weekend so it was a great excuse). Well... we waited a bit too long I guess because 2 hours into the drive the car broke down. For real. They were stranded on the side of I-70 for a few hours. Eventually he got it to turn on again for a few miles and then it would die again. He did this for the next several hours until it wouldn't do it again (about 20 minutes form home). He called Brother Enos (his seminary teaching companion) and he came and picked them up. They came home, purchased plane tickets, flew to Utah, went to the baptism, bought the car and then drove it home. Turns out Madison thought the whole thing was great - even getting stranded. Jason told funny stories and made it really fun, and on top of all of it she got to ride in a plane for the first time AND got an Iceberg - so... you know... life couldn't get any better!
When she came home a few Sundays later she bore her testimony in Sacrament meeting about how she wasn't scared and knew Heavenly Father was watching out for them and that it would all be ok.
**After I wrote this Madison read it and reminded me that I forgot to mention that when they got to the airport they flight got delayed for 3 hours and they didn't make it to Utah until about 3 am. So all in all, it was a long day - it took about 20 hours to get to Utah.

No comments:
Post a Comment